Brian's Open Road
You'll Make Mistakes (0:32)
I Like The Challenge (0:19)
I like the challenge...I like to have to work hard to get something.
- Currently manages the Hoonigan Industries shop in Long Beach, which boasts a roster ranging from world champion drifters to Baja 1000 winners.
- Growing up his father fixed cars, so they always had a project going on in their garage.
- He started out in the auto body field doing mainly custom work.
- Briefly left the auto industry and did work in heating and air conditioning.
- His boss let him rent out half of the warehouse where he worked and fix cars there in his spare time.
- During this time, he had the freedom and flexibility to pursue projects that he wanted to do because he didn’t have a boss—opened up the doors for him to enter the off-road and racing scene.
- Says that fixing cars has always been a hobby for him, but he never thought it would become his career—it took a long time for him to realize that he could make a living doing what he loved.
- His favorite part of his job is the challenge; says you have to keep challenging yourself if you want to get anywhere.