Brent's Open Road
Co-Founder & CEO
Two Bit Circus
Reject the cultural narrative that there's one road to take. It's different for everybody and changing faster now than ever before.
- Went to school for electrical engineering for a while; was in college during the first big "web craze."
- Was itching to enter the workforce, so he dropped out of school to move to San Francisco, the epicenter of tech.
- Says he wanted to try a bunch of different stuff: worked as everything from a furniture salesman to a sushi chef.
- Believes the world presents you with endless opportunities and you can't let yourself get bogged down by what you "should" be doing.
- Met his co-founder Eric Gradman; the two started making interactive art, gained more and more traction; turned it into a company.
- The goal of their company was to "rebrand what it means to be an engineer," get more kids into the fun side of science.
- Encourages combining your interests; says there's a lot of creativity and opportunity to be found "at the intersection of domains."
- Loves the quote, "No battle plan survives engagement with the enemy"; you should have a plan, but don't stick to it rigidly.