Billy's Open Road
San Jose Team
Public Television: Season 4
Former President/General Manager
Philadelphia 76ers Basketball
bartender, bartending, basketball, career, confusion, consequences, debt, Duke University, ESPN, happiness, money, paying the bills, self belief, stress, video editing
- Went to Duke and was only thinking about playing pro basketball, didn't focus on major, career.
- Worked for a TV station where he edited highlights, shot footage for ESPN.
- Knew he wasn't happy and quit without anything els
- e lined up. Wasn't worried about what to do next, just knew he couldn't "do a job just to be doing it."
- Bartended to fill the gap between jobs, kept bartending during his first foray into sports analysis.
- Had a crazy schedule, flying all over the country to announce games, but was so happy.
- Never aspired to manage a basketball team, just knew he wanted to be in sports, coaching or doing commentary on TV.
- Can't imagine anything he'd rather be doing; likes to say he's "twerking," not working, because he enjoys his job so much.