Beverly's Open Road
Something Bigger Than You (0:57)
Dispelling The Myth (2:09)
It's A Lifelong Quest (1:28)
Independence and Spirit (0:19)
San Jose Team
Public Television: Season 4
National Civil Rights Museum
business, change, class, conflicted, corporate america, do something, giving back, good student, making a difference, managing, parents, possessions, power, quest, responsibility, school, socioeconomic level, starting a business, truth, younger generation
- Neither of her parents graduated high school but always pushed their kids to get a good education.
- Always worked hard in school to dispel stereotypes about her
- Went to college and graduate school; started working in "corporate America."
- Worked for Holiday Inn for 19 years in all different fields, from reservations to national advertising.
- Decided to start her own business, says her mother was so worried about the outcome, she had to go lay down on the couch.
- When she was approached to run a museum, knew nothing about the business but said, "Well, I've been to a fewâ¦" and went for it.
- Says once we find our own happiness, we have a responsibility to empower others.
- "Just DO something, then decide if it's something you want to keep doing."