Atoosa's Open Road
This Is It (0:21)
Listen To Yourself (0:28)
Do What You Like (2:06)
New York, NY
Public Television: Season 2
being yourself, cosmo girl magazine, cosmopolitan, daunting, decisions, helping others, Hurst Publishing, internship, listen to yourself, magazines, money, opinions, options, projects, recognition, sassy magazine, school, second guessing, talking to people, voice inside your head
- Always knew exactly what she wanted to do, always interested in magazines.
- Says although you might think you have no idea what you want to do with your life, “you sort of know.”
- Never felt like the smartest girl in school; sat in classrooms and thought about other things, worked on forming her own opinions.
- Interned at a fashion magazine and a health magazine—knew she loved fashion but wanted to cast a wide net.
- Even at her interview with the president of Hearst Magazines, she wore unique clothing, “didn’t even think to not be [herself].”
- Says sometimes instead of hitting on the perfect career, you take your interests step by step, project by project—that becomes your life’s work.
- How do you keep your passion from consuming you? “You don’t...I work constantly.”
- Says, “don’t think people who are successful ‘have it all together.’ Really, I’m just some girl.”