Anthony's Open Road
Jump Off The Cliff and Don't Look Down (0:29)
You Are Your Own Answer (0:55)
You're Not Going To Fail (0:43)
United States 2008
New York, NY
Public Television: Season 5
Associate Artistic Director
Back House Productions
alone, comedy, commitment, confirmation, excitement, freestyle, giddy, happiness, hip hop, improv, investment, New York, playing, production, rap, scared, vitality, writing
- Double-majored in film and American history at Wesleyan University.
- Met his co-founder, Thomas Kail, while the two were writing a humor column for the campus newspaper.
- Took advantage of the university’s theater department, which let students rent spaces, taught them how to produce shows.
- Moved to New York with no job and nothing but a mattress and $200.
- Warns that unless you have a job handed to you—and most don’t—it’s going to be hard for a while after you graduate college.
- Says that the happiest people are the ones who feel like they get to “play” everyday when they go to work.
- Started an improvised freestyle rap show at his theater—admits it seems out of character for him, but makes him wildly happy.
- Says there’s always time to “fork out a new road” and go a new direction.