Angela, Juliana and Rowena's Open Road
ANGELA, JULIANA AND ROWENA FOONG
High Tea with Mrs. Woo
You then go, 'Okay this is what I want to do.' And then every action, you slowly move toward it.
- Parents immigrated to Australia from Malaysia to give their daughters better lives, more opportunities.
- Parents had been seamstresses in Malaysia, didn't want their daughters to have the same hard, impoverished lives.
- Ironically, the girls all naturally leaned towards fashion and sewing, away from accounting or law.
- Girls started sewing to make the most of their limited resources, stay fashionable on a budget.
- Because of their seamstressing experiences, the girls' parents fought hard against them starting a clothing line.
- They've vowed to put sisterhood and family first, business second.
- They say that once your parents see you happy in your profession, all of their expectations and worries evaporate.
- Parents came around to the point that their dad now cuts out articles and inspiration from fashion magazines.