Andrea's Open Road
Listen More Than Play (0:52)
Letter to My Mom (1:55)
What Makes You Mad (1:08)
When I'm Most Myself (1:35)
Public Television: Season 12
Weatherhead Experience Design
artist, band, class, collaboration, college, courage, engineering, fear, Fears, guitar, intention, Law Firm, masters degree, museum, music, opportunities, passion, quiet time, skills, teamwork
- Was studying law but realized that she wanted to do something with her love of music.
- Thought that if she couldn't get paid to play music, the next best thing would be recording others' music.
- Audited a sound engineering course, was almost immediately offered a space in a master's degree program.
- Spent time as a recording engineer after school, was hired to do audio for Microsoft, which got her into the Web.
- She created an interactive music website, which would lead to developing museum experiences down the road.
- Creating museum exhibits and experiences lets her combine a variety of her different interests, work with people from all disciplines.
- Says her musical background helps her lead collaborative projects-you can't overestimate the power of listening to your peers.
- Says even at her age, she's not always in touch with what she wants, so she takes time to meditate every day and tune into her needs.