Adnan's Open Road
I was thinking that it was sort of riskier for me not to do this because I thought it was interesting; I thought there was something here, and I would have felt a lot worse if I had just let this go and then found out five years later that this thing is now on the market.
- The movie Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory gave him the original inspiration for his product.
- Saw a technology ("lickable wallpaper") that had at one time sounded preposterous, now seemed within reach.
- Developed an edible film so consumers could try the flavor of a product before they bought it.
- Says the original test strips were so bad that he felt the need to apologize to his test groups.
- Got nervous about starting his own business when he saw his friends going to job interviews, getting steady work.
- Had to crash on his friends' couches for some time after graduating from college.
- Thinks the biggest disappointment would've been not developing his product, seeing it on the market five years later.
- Says if you're running with the pack, you're actually behind-someone's at the front of the pack for a reason.