Working at Roadtrip Nation
Video Production Technician
Roadtrip Productions is seeking an experienced Video Technician with extensive knowledge of Final Cut Pro to oversee the final output and delivery of episodes from our documentary series for television broadcast as well as encoding content for online and DVDs.
• Assemble final assets of each episode and promos in FCP.
• Encode episodes to specific broadcast requirements.
• Ensure quality of final products.
• File creation and transcoding.
• Performance of other production duties as needed.
• Freelance position approx. 20-25 hours a week for 4-6 weeks, possibly longer.
• Extensive knowledge of Final Cut and Compressor.
• Understanding of video formats and transcoding.
• Ability to troubleshoot technical problems.
• Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills.
• Ability to multi-task and work effectively under changing priorities and challenging deadlines.
• Must know how to communicate on a professional level.
• Has the ability to take direction and execute to make things happen.
• Additional production hardware and software expertise is a plus.
Who We Are:
We're a team of hardworking, dedicated, creative, yet passionate individuals who love what we do here. On a typical day, you can find us in our conference room in the midst of a collaborative creative brainstorm, typing and clicking away on our MacBooks, or our eyes glued to Final Cut. Although we work hard, there's always time for a little fun. Find us battling one another in a vehement game of ping-pong or down at the beach during lunchtime. We're a quirky (and kind of a geeky) crew who runs on several cups of coffee during the day. All of us share a deep-rooted passion and pride for our work, and we feed off one another's energy, ideas, and opinions.
Do not apply for this position without first visiting our website and exploring the content in the "About Us" and "Watch" sections. It is central to all that we do at Roadtrip Nation. It is what we believe, it is who we are, and it is why we do what we do.
Please email the following info to jobs [at] roadtripnation.com:
• Résumé highlighting your work/education/volunteer experience.
• Cover letter that explains a little bit about yourself, your attraction to Roadtrip Nation, and why you're a good fit.
• Links to any works/reels/blogs/etc. of yours that you'd like to share.
Please DO NOT CALL about this position.
Keep me in the loop
Don't see the career for you? Enter your email address below and we´ll notify you of each new opportunity.